Sunday, February 10, 2013

Access Denied

I thought I would get creative this weekend and showcase something a little different.  I've enjoyed catching a fair amount of trout and Steelhead but needed a change of pace.  I grabbed the 4wt. fly rod and headed to a warm water discharge.  Sadly, the area was closed due to some construction.  Not that I was in the best of moods, but I did find the sign funny.  It comes across like they have one heck of a big ego, I mean say the area is closed or the warm water discharge - but saying "the river is closed"?!  I saw quite a few ducks, geese, a muskrat and tons of Gizzard Shad that didn't get the memo.
All it needed next to it was the moose with the button to play the closed announcement
(for the youngsters, National Lampoon's "Vacation" circa 1983)

2 comments:

  1. that can be a drag, hope they are making some improvements

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! Nothing worse than wanting to try something new and then being shut down. Hopefully it is for the better in the long run

    ReplyDelete