Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dreaming of a Chrome Christmas

Bringing 2012 to a close with a dandy Vermilion River Steelhead
Well I couldn't have scripted a better start to the new blog.  With so few fishing trips in 2012, just getting out was a reward in itself.  Add the fact that it was 60 degrees on December 16th, and I was having a superb day before making my first cast.
 
The water of choice today was the Vermilion River near Mill Hollow-Bacon Woods Park.  For it being such a nice weekend day, I was surprised that only a moderate number of anglers were out.  Overall, the fishing was slow, but I always say it only takes one bite to change everything.  After quite a few hours of fishing, my one bite was the pictured Steelhead that hit on a fresh spawn sac drifted under a bobber.  I owe some gratitude to the stranger last week who game me the eggs.  A very nice gentleman that said he wasn't going to be able to use them before they went bad.  I guess I had good timing as I wasn't even fishing that day, just had pulled up to chit chat with other anglers.  Anyways, I was happy to put his kind gesture to good use!     
 
There is a huge smile behind that fish, trust me on that
I'm hoping the story for 2012 doesn't end here, but if it does I can't complain.  Just a few short weeks ago www.coolwaterfish.com was a dead domain and my blog was an outdated afterthought with nothing posted since April.  The domain name is back, the blog is fresh and I'm catching fish - Life is good!  If the weather holds up, I'll be back at it next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. hope to see you keeping after it next year, what a wonderful start to the new blog.

    wishing you good health in 2013 and many more catches like that...

    As long as the world doesn't end in 4 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blake, likewise I hope the fish are good to you in 2013.

    ReplyDelete