Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christening the new CoolWaterFish!

It has been very busy the past couple years... back surgery, becoming a dad, career change and of course always trying to be a great husband.  All of this contributed to seeing my fishing time decrease and subsequently gave me less to write and post about on the website.  When I did manage to get out, my limited web design capabilities made it very time consuming to get the info/report on the site.  So earlier this year, I made a good decision to move to the blog format for the ease and efficiency.  With only a few posts and nothing noteworthy, I have deleted this year's posts and opted for a fresh start.  Work/life balance seems to be getting better, and I should be finding more time to pursue fish.

CoolWaterFish.com had a great run and I may try to get my domain name back.  I hate knowing that I have a dead address and all of the link exchanges that are now pointing to a void in cyberspace.  I guess more important than the web address is the content.  In the past, I have had a huge focus on myself and what I am catching.  Moving forward, I will still have that but also plan to cover more fishing news, resources and information.

Thank you to all of those that have stuck with me through the years and a big "Welcome" to the new folks.  If you have time, please join as a follower and/or "Like" on Facebook.   

4 comments:

  1. heres to a fresh start, wishing you a wonderful 2013 if the world doesn't end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new site! Your old site was one of my inspirations to stop catching bass over and over and pursue different species.

    - BenC (from roughfish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ben. That was exactly the mission, and still will be, with this blog format. Knowing I swayed even one person motivates me to keep at it!

      Delete